Club History



Just as the longstanding history behind its name, the Chevy Chase Country Club continues to succeed from its inception over 90 years ago!
It surprises many to learn that the Club bears no relationship to Chevy Chase, the actor.
The name “Chevy Chase” has its roots dating back to a 1388 Scottish folklore.
The golf course, designed in 1925 by architect William P. Bell, is a 9-hole course comprised of 10 greens and 36 tees.
In February, 1940, the Golf Club was sold to Charlie Corbett, a former jockey, and his wife. They operated the Club as a private golf course for nearly 20 years.
The Chevy Chase Country Club is located on the eastern portion of Chevy Chase Boulevard, the longest street in Glendale, California.